So I wanted to create a regular blog post and as a mummy, wife, daughter, woman, adult and person (to name a few) it struck me that we are learning new things all the time. Some things are more important or useful than others, some are just nice to know, some things may be shocking or surprising and some things you may wish you hadn’t learnt at all.
Here is my 7 for this week:
1. My fractured heel could take up to 6 months to heal fully! I’m now 2 months on from my accident and don’t have to go back to the hospital for another 2 months but I may have to have an operation if it is healing too slowly.
2. My mum has downloaded the Fifty Shades trilogy to read! After reading it myself when first released I banned her from buying it as the thought of my 60 year old mum reading all those sex scenes was too much to bear and I was trying to save her blushes.
3. You should buy a new mattress for a cot/moses basket for each new baby! I overheard a sales assistant telling a prospective mum this was because of the risk of SIDs while we were out shopping for a new buggy. This wasn’t something I ever thought about and we were given a moses basket by family and never replaced the mattress pad.
4. Even superstars like Madonna can come down to earth with a bang…literally! I’m guessing Mr L and I were amongst the millions of people who let out a gasp as we watched her fall at The Brits.
5. How to customise/add more thingsthings to my blog! I’ve spent the last week working out how to create an archive page and widget (OK so I’ve only been blogging since last month but at least it looks organised even if not much content yet), I’ve added widgets to follow/like me across social media and have set up a Pinterest.
6. Potty training is going to be hard work! I’ll be doing some posts on this but at the minute little miss knows what the potty is for and all depends what mood she’s in whether wants to try use it (tries most days but not actually done anything yet) or whether she screams the house down for a nappy on!
7. I’m a lightweight when it comes to alcohol! This isn’t technically something I learnt this week but it is something I need to learn and accept as again I was reminded while out at the weekend. Whilst there is a will to be able to handle my drink there doesn’t appear to be a way. I did however give myself a pat on the back for recognising early on being drunk and crutches don’t mix so I took things very steady and enjoyed a soft drink or two.